Manager , Assistant Coach & Player Selection
At a minimum a team will represent the league for ages 5 and up. These teams will be comprised with the age of the players they are representing from the league. Any variation or additional teams would need to be discussed between coaches and approved by the board.
PLAYERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE THEIR LEAGUE AGE TEAM ONLY. LEAGUE AGE IS DETERMINED BASED UPON THE CAL RIPKEN AGE CHART. The physical age of the child can be higher than their league age. Please refer to the CAL RIPKEN AGE CHART.
No league age player will play on a higher aged team unless they competed in that age division.
Example-1: Player is age 10 but league age of 9, therefore they are eligible only for 9u team.
Example-2: Player is league age of 10 but has played in the Majors 11-12 division. They are only eligible for the 11u team. If an 8 yr old played in the Minors 9-10 division they will be eligible for the 9u team only.
Any exception from this would have to be presented to the board and approved.
MANAGER SELECTION PROCESS
STEP 1: Regular Season Managers Nominate All-Star Manager.
· Nominated All-Star Managers will then require Board Approval.
· Once All-Star Managers have been approved they will need to submit to the Board of Directors (2) Assistant Coaches
o All must be contain the following certifications 1. Cal Ripken Coach Certificate 2. Concussion Certificate 3. Abuse Training Certification
STEP 2: Regular Season Managers nominate players for All-Star team
· An All-Star team must roster 12-15 players. The elected All-Star manager will determine roster size.
STEP 3: Player All-Star Voting
· Managers will meet with a group of board members to conduct a vote at a pre-specified time and date.
· Ballots will be provided to managers with names of players.
· Managers will vote individually those players they believe should be on the final roster.
· The Board will collect and count votes from each regular season manager. Those players with a majority of votes will be placed on the team.
· If any tie occurs among players that exceed the amount of roster space those names will be placed on a second ballot for voting. A 5 minute discussion can be permitted for the coaches if so desired.
· If the second ballot results still exceed the number of available roster spaces a discussion between the all-star manager, coaches, and the board can be conducted.
· Once finalized the All-Star Manager is responsible for contacting approved roster players. Alternates will be used if someone declines selection.
STEP 4: All-Star Manager team managers are responsible for tournament documentation requirements with assistance from the Board of Directors.
THE PCYB Board will determine the specifications for team uniforms.
Each team will be responsible for all fees associated with All-stars and are allowed to offset cost by fundraising.
All All-Star teams will have a team mom and each team mom representative are encouraged to work together in fundraising efforts. If needed board assistance can be provided by treasurers.
**ALL-STAR PARENTS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY PARENT MEETING WITH A BOARD MEMBER WHEN ALL-STAR PRACTICES START.